Did you know that your standard homeowners' insurance or auto insurance will provide you with liability coverage only up to a certain limit? So what happens if the amount you're supposed to pay in damages to a third party is far beyond the maximum limit paid by your standard insurance? This is where Stanton Insurance's umbrella insurance comes in.
Our umbrella insurance policy in Colorado will protect you from major claims and lawsuits that could be dangerous to your assets. We provide additional coverage above the specified limits of your standard homeowners, auto, and even boat insurance. Our umbrella insurance is specifically designed to kick in when the liability on your standard insurance in Colorado is exhausted.
What Do We Cover?
Our umbrella insurance policy covers the following areas:
- Personal liability
- Damage to property
- Bodily injuries
Property Damage Liability
You may still be wondering and saying to yourself that I already have an auto or homeowners insurance that covers property damage, so why do you even need umbrella coverage? You are right but keep in mind that our umbrella insurance provides coverage for liability beyond the limits of your standard policy. We cover the cost of damage or loss to a third party's property. This includes:
- Damage claims incurred whenever certain accidents occur
- Damage to other cars or property as a result of a car accident when you're at fault
- Accidental damage to property caused by your child
Bodily Injury Liability
Umbrella insurance also covers the cost of injury to a third party' body whenever the liability claim is beyond your standard insurance's limit. Here are examples of such claims:
- Injuries sustained by a visitor in your home as a result of a fall
- Injuries caused to other people when you're involved in a car accident, and you're at fault
- Injuries caused to other people as a result of your pet dog among others
We also provide coverage for related costs when you're sued for:
- Malicious prosecution
- False arrest, imprisonment, or detention
- Mental anguish
Are you looking for reliable umbrella insurance in Colorado? Contact us today, and we can help you get started on an insurance policy.